If you already have some experience, take one of these short classes designed to help you focus on technique. We are offering various shorter “workshop” classes to allow you to explore specific issues.
- 4-8 week “workshop” classes, each one focusing on a specific technique
- prerequisite: Throwing I and II or equivalent experience with pottery
- glaze and one firing included; you purchase your own clay
- access to our studio outside of class time is included, you become a guild member while you take this class
- cost of each class varies: check the registration form for your class
- reduced rate for studio members and glaze and kiln members (contact class coordinator)
Cookie Jars and Compost Pots
In this 6 week class, Patty will discuss how the concept of your lidded pot is related to how you see it being used. We’ll talk about design considerations for various covered vessels. How does the form of the vessel relate to the lid to make it both functional and attractive? Think about how it will work for different users (an elderly woman, a man with big hands, or a child). What about the handle?
You’ll try your hand at several of these:
- sugar bowl/honey pot,
- compost pot,
- cookie jar,
- canister (individual or set),
- casserole, fish dish
Spouts and Handles
Go big or go home!
The registration form will show you the number of weeks and the cost of the current workshop.